Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog-Writing Prompt #13

"I'm afraid...."

Standing at the back of the a dark, wet and smelly ally, a gust of wind blew past, carrying the odour of human waste in liquid form. I had to reach my new house, or it should be called a cubicle. It was thanks to my father's "lucky gambling hands" that we downgraded from a condominium to this disgustingly small HDB flat. Then, I saw a shadow flashed past the wall in front of me. Then, as I walked closer, the smell of liquor swept into my nostrils. Someone was around. Then, the shadow suddenly appeared on the wall infront of me, I screamed, then I realised that I had seen my own reflection on the wall in the dimly lit alley. As I walked home briskly, I heard some pants behind me, but when I turned around and looked, I only saw the wet floor with beer bottle all over the place. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. I quickened my pace and little. Then, the panting sounds came back, and this time, I heard heavy footsteps. I'm afraid....

No comments:

Post a Comment